[openbox] Startup notification.

Andrej N. Gritsenko andrej at rep.kiev.ua
Thu Jul 11 19:31:01 EDT 2013

    Hello!

Dana Jansens has written on Thursday, 11 July, at 15:28:
>On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Andrej N. Gritsenko <andrej at rep.kiev.ua>wrote:
>> Also my current Openbox binary shows me:

>> andrej:~> readelf -s /usr/bin/openbox|grep sn_launcher_context_new
>>     42: 00000000     0 FUNC    GLOBAL DEFAULT  UND sn_launcher_context_new

>> which means libstartup_notification is in use by openbox executable.

>It could be a matter of cursor libraries, as the openbox busy cursor is the
>"pointer with stopwatch" kind of cursor, not the "busy waiting" cursor.
>Otherwise, I'm not sure I guess. Running xterm with startupnotification
>enabled should leave an environment variable in the application that would
>prove openbox is doing *something*.

Look what I've found on Launchpad:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/1179155

It says XDefineCursor() does not work.
And yes, Openbox uses XDefineCursor to change its appearance on SN.

If you would like to make a commit and tell me then I'll try to poke
maintainers to push it as security update patch to Debian/Ubuntu.

    Cheers!
    Andriy.