[openbox] Vertical title bar for windows?

Paul openboxml023478 at rainslide.net
Tue Jan 8 05:24:36 EST 2013

On Sunday, 06 January, 2013 at 20:14:13 GMT, zlatko kartelo wrote:
>Yes, but it's not that hard to read vertical words. And it makes not
>that big difference if the characters are rotated or not. I googled
>vertical text pictures, but looking around in real life gives a lot
>examples.

Good point. I hadn’t considered rotating the characters. I imagine that would be difficult to do, but I could be wrong. I think it’d be worth investigating, just because vertical space is so limited now.

>The window title is more a side info and doesn't need to be easily
>readable.

This would be the case for most windows, but I use the window title to display the current path in my shell, so if this is implemented, I’d like to see it on a per-window basis, rather than once size fits all.

--

.