[openbox] question on window size

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sat Feb 23 23:03:37 EST 2013

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 16:01:32 -0700
Fred <fred at blakemfg.com> wrote:

Fred> Hello, There has been some progress!  I tried running
Fred> openbox-session instead of openbox but had some problems so I
Fred> restored openbox in .xsession. The windows now have resistance at
Fred> the monitor edge and when windows overlap.  This is programmable
Fred> in rc.xml so we can say openbox knows what size the monitor is and
Fred> the problem is in the openbox routines that decide where to park a
Fred> minimized icon.  Any ideas?

Does openbox make visual icons for minimized windows at all?  That would
be news to me - I thought not, and I never missed them ;-)

Fred> How can one copy/paste in an xterm window under openbox?  The same
Fred> version of Debian with gnome on a PC allows copy/paste to xterm.
Fred> I am using Debian 6.0 on a Sun Ultra 5.

Working fine here with:

 [2+0]~$ cat /etc/debian_version
7.0
 [3+0]~$ dpkg --status openbox
Package: openbox
Section: x11
Installed-Size: 2929
Maintainer: Debian rxvt-unicode Maintainers
 <pkg-urxvt-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org> Architecture: amd64
Version: 9.15-2

(the peculiar openbox package version is my backport of the leastoverlap
patch, it should have no bearing on selections or clipboard)