[openbox] Pipe-menu refresh

Matías Gastón Mdq matiasbatero.mdq at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 19:49:19 EST 2013

Hi to all!!

Thanks Das for your interest. :)
Well, i don't have a website of the project yet.
But, i made some screenshots of my little program. You can follow the links
in the descriptions.

General resume:
Main User interface: No "cli/gtk/qt" & (nothing of gnome/kde/xfce)
Written in: Bash
Dependecies: mkisofs, cdrecord, cdrdao, udisks, & gtkdialog if you want to
use the included app for add data, but it's optional.
Size: some KB's.
Requires: Openbox +3.5.0 (without exception)
Support (at this moment):
-Create a new data disks
-Create a new multisession data disks
-Create data .iso images
-Support for 90% of advanced options of mkisofs/cdrecord

I explain some things about this:

The main objetive is provide a very small and lightweight tool for burn
cd/dvd's that will can be accesible using directly simple menus and nothing
more...(it's very minimalist app if you want advanced options.. you have
it!) Isn't a "CLI program". But isn't a "gtk/qt/gnome/kde" application.That
can be called, maybe, like a Bash scripts with a "openbox GUI Frontend".
The main interface is provided by openbox and its dinamic-menus. Nothing
more. See the next screenshot:

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2dl530l.jpg

How to use?

Default method: [select device] -> [add files] -> [burn] (the fast way)

[choosing devices]
First select a available device that contain a writable medium inside. If
you doesn't select anything, your drives are empty or contain a
not-writable disks inside, a harddisk .iso image is generated by default.
The scripts autodetect all the posibilities so, you never can activate a
invalid option.

[adding data]
Then reloading the menu, and depending of the selected medium you have
access to Add files.
You have 2 options to do it. Copy/Link data to a burning-folder using your
custom browser. (rox, thunar, pcmanfm)
Or.. use the optional GTK GUI provided by my program :D
Using this program to add data to your compilation, the files/folders are
not duplicated.. so you can work without using space-disk.

Screenshot: http://oi48.tinypic.com/c19mq.jpg

[burning]
Yes, when you finish the data addition. You can go to the Write Menu and
select the detected speed.

Screenshot: http://oi47.tinypic.com/2eoel2s.jpg

Advanced Method:

[advanced features]
If you want to choose some advanced especific options, you can do that!!
It's posible in 2 ways.

Using Openbox: Using the openbox menus, you can edit all the common options
without closing the menu: filesystem options, Type of Session, Eject drive,
Make MD5 verifications, simulation etc etc.
For every changed value, you can be notifyied using Notify-OSD, or DZEN2.

Manual: You can use a CONFIG file like this, to edit 95% of mkiso/cdrecord
options.

[filesystem]
isolevel="3"
include_udf_structures="yes"
etc...

-------------
**All the speeds, devices, writable disks..available options are always
automatically detected! You never need to provide values. And nothing is a
"generic" value. If openbox menus shows you a option.. it's applicable in
your personal case because all is auto-detected.

**When you select the speed, is the final action.. after that openbox shows
you a prompt dialog to confirm the action and all the current assigned
values. Clicking "yes" a terminal shows you the progress.
(for now the ouput is a terminal window..)

-------------
Ian Zimmerman:

Yes, it's too heavy for me wrote something like that. Beacuse, i'm a
veeeery noob programmer. I start to learn bash (2 months) while do this
program at the same time, because it's more funny for me. This is my first
program of my life :D.

Das:

Because i don't have a web project. I do this general resume with some
screenshots. Hope you like.

PD: sorry for my english.

Che*ers!

*