[openbox] question on window size

Das dasfox at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 01:23:01 EST 2013

If you're running a fairly recent version of X you shouldn't have to adjust
it, usually this section "Screen" with just the Depth is all that is needed
below;

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection

Resoultion issues are also an Xorg issue not OpenBox, running OpenBox you
have to do things by hand. :) So if what I suggest below also doesn't help,
then go back to the Debian community somewhere to help you set up your
xorg.conf

I've found in the past just setting only a resoultion size does not help,
typically the HorizSync and VertRefresh are needed, also having the correct
BusID is helpful. Also if the text size is off, you could try adding in the
DPI like this; Option "DPI" "96 x 96".

See the sections below, where all of these are typically placed;

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Sony"
    ModelName      "VPCEH"Option
    HorizSync       28.0 - 33.0
    VertRefresh     43.0 - 72.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Option         "RegistryDwords" "EnableBrightnessControl=1"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    Option         "NoLogo"