[openbox] Git

Jamie Macdonald jamie.alban at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 23:10:15 EDT 2013

A couple questions for Dana:

As far as I can tell, you update your `git at github.com:danakj/openbox.git`
repo at the same time as your `git://git.openbox.org/dana/openbox` repo.
Is there any plan to start using Github for anything more than a mirror?
e.g. pull requests, issue tracking

Also, which branch should patches be formatted to? I found that when I was
hacking on the `master` branch a couple months ago, that there was some
buggy behaviour.  I suppose they should be relative to the latest release
then, and you do a super merge every once in a while?

Finally, it would be hacker-friendly if there were a straight-up link to
the official git repository on the Openbox:Contribute page (
http://openbox.org/wiki/Openbox:Contribute), and a note answering the above
questions either on that wiki page, or in HACKING, or some other README
file.

Thanks,
Jamie