[openbox] shortcut problems

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Sun Aug 4 16:15:09 EDT 2013

Running Debian Wheezy with Xfce4 4.8.0.3 and openbox 3.5.0-7. I'm having
a problem (among several)
with ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml and key bindings. I want to create a
shortcut to open a terminal
and having no joy. Turned up a site with a sample rc.xml file that had
an entry that did what I want.
Pasted it in with no result after a reboot. The entry is:

 <keybind key="A-t">
      <action name="Execute">
        <execute>gnome-terminal</execute>
      </action>
    </keybind>

Hitting Alt+t yields no result. I have to be missing something basic and
obvious.

Any pointers appreciated.

--
Bob Holtzman