[openbox] Can't create a valid menu.xml

Frank McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Mon Apr 29 14:42:34 EDT 2013

On 04/29/2013 01:49 PM, 52midnight wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 03:20:18 +1000, Jim Rees <rees at umich.edu> wrote:
>
>> I don't think there's a problem with your menu.xml. The problem is that
>> openbox thinks you're logged in as root (you're not, are you?).
>
> Yes, have been running as root for more than a dozen years. Not
> religious, you see, and my home system.

     Bad idea IMHO. You can (inadvertedly) damage/destroy your system.
     If you haven't done so yet, create a normal user and log in that way.

     The menu.xml file would then site in /home/username/.config/openbox

     I know I know...it's not the answer you wanted :)

     Which login manager are you using? GDM ?

--
--Cheers--