[openbox] partial strut question...

Mason Loring Bliss mason at blisses.org
Mon Apr 22 19:11:19 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 06:48:58PM -0400, Andrew Gallant wrote:

> It does, but dzen is plagued by multiple versions and undocumented
> features. You might have some luck with this one:
> https://github.com/robm/dzen

I'll keep that in mind.

> I'm not sure which distro you're on,

Debian Wheezy

> Yeah, you can go down that route. But those properties will need to be set
> before the `xmobar` client is mapped. You could also set `_NET_WM_DESKTOP`
> to `0xffffffff` as per the EWMH spec. But that would also need to be done
> before the window is mapped.

I set _NET_WM_DESKTOP as you suggested, set _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE(ATOM) =
_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DOCK, and yanked out the override_redirect attribute.
I've probably horribly butchered something, but xmobar is now showing up
properly on each desktop, and things are respecting its boundaries.

Thank you very much for your help!

--
Mason Loring Bliss             mason at blisses.org            Ewige Blumenkraft!
(if awake 'sleep (aref #(sleep dream) (random 2))) -- Hamlet, Act III, Scene I