[openbox] Switch to workspace when a window activates on it

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 02:10:12 EDT 2013

Hello

Let me illustrate the problem with an example.  For example, Pidgin (an
instant messaging client) puts its icon in the notification area, and
when you click on this icon, Pidgin's contacts list window is
activated.  If it isn't yet open, the window shows up on the current
workspace, but if it's already open, the window is just
"self-activates", and that's the problem if the window isn't on the
current workspace.  I'm using GNOME panel, it shows the window being
activated with bold font, but doesn't let you switch to it (its
workspace) easily. I wonder if Openbox as a window manager can
automatically bring me to the workspace where the activated window
is placed?

--
Best regards,
Eugene.