[openbox] Cycle through windows with mouse wheel

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Tue Oct 2 13:55:14 EDT 2012

Tom Wizetek wrote:

  On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Dana Jansens <dana at orodu.net> wrote:
  > Playing with it myself, I don't think it's possible in 3.5.0.. but I've got
  > a patch where it is working now.

  <action name="PreviousWindow">
  works nicely
  but
  <action name="NextWindow">
  only toggles between 2 ...or is it me?

I applied the patch, and it's not just you.  I get the same behavior.

Also, and maybe I'm just dreaming here, but I'm configured for
focus-follows-mouse, and it's kind of strange to use the PreviousWindow
action to raise and focus a window but still have the pointer in the
previous window.  Other window managers I've used that have the window cycle
capability also warp the cursor to the new window, which also might seem
strange but works for me.  Is there any way to do that in openbox?