[openbox] followMouse/underMouse focus

Anthony Thyssen A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Thu Mar 22 23:20:30 EDT 2012

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:10:53 -0400
Jim Rees <rees at umich.edu> wrote:
| Anthony Thyssen wrote:
|
|   On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 17:33:52 -0400
|   Jim Rees <rees at umich.edu> wrote:
|   | What I would really find useful is some way to make the bottom window pop up
|   | to the top.
|
|   Add a entry for any click on a border or title to raise the window.
|   That is what I do.
|
|   I also have Alt-click in the window to do similar.
|
| That's not exactly what I want.  I want a hotkey that, when I press it,
| raises the bottom window, regardless of where the mouse happens to be or who
| has the focus, even if that window is completely obscured.

That would be a general cycle windows.
Hmmm...
  Unfortunately openbox does not seem to have a general window cycling.
that is independent of current location or focus. :-(
EG: raise deepest to top
and the reverse: cycle topmost window to bottom.

I do remember TWM and CTWM having this action!

I suppose an external script or program could be made to do this
(anyone like a program challenge), but forking an external program
for what should be a window manager function is a little slow.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au>