[openbox] Using Mouse To Change Virtual Desktops

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Jun 28 15:12:42 EDT 2012

Frank Peters writes:

> How is that particular action defined in the openbox configuation
> file, rc.xml?

i don't remember doing anything custom to make it work.  i'm using
lxde-rc.xml that came with debian wheezy.  it worked same way with
debian squeeze too.

> For changing desktops the only action that seems to be available is
> the "GoToDesktop" action:
>
> http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Actions#GoToDesktop

there are also actions DesktopPrevious/"DesktopNext that i think are
used in lxde-rc.xml.

> What I would like to do is just move the mouse pointer to the screen
> edge and, after a short delay, thereby jump to the adjacent desktop
> in that direction.  AFAIK, it seems that there are no openbox actions
> that would correspond to this.

it is very easy to make small scroll movement when at the edge.  no need
to wait for anything.

-- juha