[openbox] autostart.sh and bashrc

R. Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Thu Jun 14 05:10:59 EDT 2012

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:16:31 +0800, Ashi wrote

> Jimmy, Thanks your advice. However, the exactly emacs's problem is:
> I try to compile the project in emacs, it calls make to do the work.
> And my makefile needs a call to pkg-config to get the libs and
> cflags to complete its work, and pkg-config need the specified
> environment variable of PKG_CONFIG_PATH, which is specified in
> bashrc. And now after move the environment variable setting to
> .bash_profile, emacs compile command works. Thanks again!

But wouldn't it be easier (and more flexible) to just have emacs invoke
'make' with the right environment? The first time you call 'compile'
from emacs it should prompt you for the command to compile (and probably
offer 'make -k') - you can easily change that to 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/foo/bar
make -k'.
With a prefix command 'compile' will always prompt for the command to use.

 HTH Ralf Mattes