[openbox] Upgraded to openbox 3.5 - strange behaviour with shortcut to open terminal?

Pedro Ribeiro pedrib at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 19:15:34 EDT 2012

On 6 June 2012 23:48, Paul <openboxml023478 at rainslide.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 06 June, 2012 at 12:08:03 BST, Pedro Ribeiro wrote:
>>
>> The only thing that happens now is when I use some of my shortcuts,
>> such as for example Windows + T to open a terminal, the terminal
>> window will appear underneath all windows.
>>
>> Is this expected behaviour, or something wrong with me rc.xml? It is
>> exactly the same as used for 3.4.11.
>

> It's not normal. Check the applications node in your rc.xml.
>
> --
>
> .

Hi,

The only thing related in the app node is below:
    <application name="xfce4-terminal" role="DesktopBackground">
      <decor>no</decor>
      <focus>no</focus>
      <position>
        <x>center</x>
        <y>center</y>
      </position>
      <layer>below</layer>
      <desktop>4</desktop>
      <maximized>yes</maximized>
      <!-- # Only if you want a full size terminal. -->
    </application>

However, this only applies to the DesktopBackground role - and even if
I remove it and reconfigure openbox, the problem still occurs. Apart
from that, focusNew is yes.

Anything changed from openbox 3.4.11 to 3.5?

Pedro