[openbox] openbox crashes/exits?

B. Torben-Nielsen btorbennielsen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 18:57:01 EDT 2012

Since very recently, my openbox installation crashes/exits *often* after
some keystroke. I run ubuntu 12.04 and install all the suggested
updates; openbox is run in its pure form (not with gnome/kde).

Since a week or so (likely after some update) openbox exits/crashes very
frequently after some key combination (mostly involving the "windows"
key). It terminates and i'm redirected to the lightdm login screen after
which i can proceed to login again and have a fresh openbox session.

I have no clue where to look for the problem. Anybody the same problem?
All suggestions are welcome as it is really annoying. (not to mention
that emacs is closed improperly and desktop doesn't recover all the
buffers) (and unless there is some default key binding not specified in
the rc file, i don't have a keybinding attached to Exit. Also, it is a
very recent problem at most since 2 weeks)

Thanks, Ben
--
Dr. Benjamin Torben-Nielsen
Hebrew University of Jerusalem