[openbox] allow mouse and keyboard exclusively for a window

Dana Jansens dana at orodu.net
Wed Feb 8 03:20:58 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:41 AM, Martin <mar at centrum.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I stiwtched from WindowMaker to OpenBox some time ago and I am quite happy
> with the change.
>
> Anyway, there is one thing still missing for me -- for special application
> (vncviewer, gimp) it was possible in WindowMaker to set, that mouse and
> keyboard was exclusively for this application (window) -- which has allowed
> that special key/mouse bindings were not captured by the window manager
> itself, but rather passed to the application in specified window.
>
> I am wondering if there is such a settings in OpenBox?  I am quite unable
> to google it.

There is no such setting for an application. However one option is to make
a chroot key binding with only one binding inside, to BreakChroot. Then
when you want to turn off your keys, you hit the Chroot binding, and the
only binding Openbox will honour is the BreakChroot inside.

http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Bindings#Key_quoting_with_Chroots