[openbox] Dynamic desktop renaming

Andrew Gallant jamslam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 09:24:32 EDT 2011

> I've been playing around with my rc.xml configuration enabling
> keybindings for dynamic desktop creation. I generally only use two, to
> separate my work from IM/mail, but every now and then I might create a
> third or fourth to organise things. Is it possible to dynamically rename
> desktops on the fly, or are the names in rc.xml fixed?

You could check out pager-multihead.[1] It will handle dynamic desktop
creation, but doesn't quite support desktop renaming yet. (But it's
easy to remove a desktop and add a new one with any name you like.)

I made it to work with Openbox Multihead, but it should work fine on
single-head setups.

- Andrew

[1] - https://github.com/BurntSushi/pager-multihead