[openbox] Using openbox for Coding

Simon Clubley simon.clubley at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 25 17:36:10 EDT 2011

On 25 October 2011 17:40, Simon Clubley <simon.clubley at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 25 October 2011 13:11, praveen <praveenin_ece at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> i like to inform to my own application that a new window is opened..... this
>> application will act as a Taskbar....
>>

> Look at the source code for the taskbar plugin in fbpanel for a
> example of how to do this.

I've had another look at this (I was interested myself) and it turns
out that although the raw X events are been processed by fbpanel, they
are been sent to fbpanel by the GDK abstraction layer instead of the
raw X11 API.

If you use GTK in your taskbar application, you can obviously still
use this approach, but if you are coding to the X11 API directly, you
will probably need to look elsewhere.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley