[openbox] Desktop switching delay

Robbie Smith zoqaeski at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 01:31:47 EDT 2011

After toying around with some of GNOME 3's new features, I've started
using dynamic desktops to organise my work a lot more. One thing I've
noticed, and I was wondering if anyone could confirm it, is that when
switching between windows on different desktops, sometimes the window
gets flagged as URGENT but the desktop isn't switched.

For example, I have a Main workspace and a IM/Mail workspace.
Thunderbird sits on the IM/Mail one, and when switching from urxvt
[Main] to Thunderbird [IM/Mail], Thunderbird will flash in the window
list on Xfce4-panel, but urxvt will keep the focus, and so I have to
click on the icon in the panel to focus Thunderbird.

(This doesn't occur all the time, only occasionally, and if it's a
mistake in my configuration settings I would have thought that it'd
occur all the time.)

For the record, my window-switching bindings are:

     <keybind key="A-Tab">
       <action name="NextWindow">
         <bar>no</bar>
         <dialog>yes</dialog>