[openbox] Launching applications

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 03:34:03 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 3:26 AM, Anthony Thyssen
<A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au> wrote:

> ASIDE: vim does not understand or modify window title by default
> (unless it is Gvim), Perhaps something has specifically told it to do
> so.  May be that specific linux. It certainly does not do it in Fedora!
>
> Mind you I did not the install gvim package version of vim, so I know
> it has no X window features at all!  I want it that way!

Well, gvim is a must for me, though I also use vim. I was talking about
vim-in-a-terminal. I don't know what makes it change the title, I
already looked in .vimrc.

On another note, what about the possibility of killing a window when it
gets hidden, that I mentioned in another thread? Do you have any idea,
or maybe it just can't be done?

J.A.