[openbox] Launching applications

Manolo Martínez manolo at austrohungaro.com
Tue Oct 4 16:11:36 EDT 2011

On 10/04/11 at 07:18pm, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Dana Jansens <dana at orodu.net> wrote:
> >
> > % urxvt -name hi
> > % wmctrl -xa hi
> > worked for me.

Works great, thank you. For future reference, I'm using "sh -c 'wmctrl -x mutt
|| urxvt -name mutt -e mutt'

> Aha!
> One can also do "urxvt -name hi -title Mutt" and then "wmctrl -xa hi"
>
> Now it remains the matter of vim changing titles, but that is another
> issue, perhaps for the vim list.
Actually, no, vim works in the same window, and it is still called mutt, so it
all works. I think this is a pretty nice trick, and I can imagine more people
would find it useful. I'll add it to a couple wikis, if you guys agree.

Manolo