[openbox] [maybe OT] raise window from CLI

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 03:03:45 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Anthony Thyssen
<A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au> wrote:

> So can  "xwit"   and very old kde3 program  "wmiface"
> However all three of these do not have any active development.
>
> The new boy on the block (relatively speaking), with even more
> functionality, with active development today, is    "xdotool"
>

> Comments or suggestions welcome!

How about killing a window when it gets hidden by others? I have this
small script that pops up a small window that functions as a clock:

In rc.xml:

<keybind key="C-S-t">
  <action name="Execute">
    <execute> urxvt +sw -cr "#FFFED2" -fn "xft:Bitstream Vera Sans
Mono:pixelsize=30" -mod meta -geometry 10x2 +sb -title "What time is
it?" -e  sh -c " for((;;)); do echo ' '; echo -n '  ';date   +%H:%M
;read -t 60 -s -n 1; clear ;  done"</execute>
  </action>
</keybind>

Sooner or later it will be totally covered by other windows. Looking
for it is more trouble than starting a new one. Is it possible to have
it automatically killed when totally covered?

J.A.