[openbox] [maybe OT] raise window from CLI

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 14:36:05 EDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Manolo Martínez
<manolo at austrohungaro.com> wrote:

> Why not use Vim-LaTeX? Just curious :)

The name seems to ring a bell, but I don't really know what it is.  By
fancy IDE I mean those GUI gizmos always with faulty design, from a
practical point of view (useless menus, the useful part is more
trouble than is worth, always essentially uncustomizable, etc). I
suppose  Vim-LaTeX is some set of macros? I don't need to call latex
from the text editor, an xterm is perfectly suitable. And the recent
wmctrl addition makes it even more productive. What I need is macros
for typesetting latex (greek letters, etc), and  I can make the ones I
need with vim. I'm yet to find a package of macros that doesn't
include something utterly silly, like, for example, typing
"some_modifier+c" to produce \gamma! (And they won't include a space
after gamma, I bet) Well, fortunately openbox is compatible with stuff
like wmctrl!

Cheers

Jorge