[openbox] Paste without raising?

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Sun Nov 13 14:32:39 EST 2011

Dana Jansens wrote:

  On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Jim Rees <rees at umich.edu> wrote:
  > I've got followMouse and underMouse set.  When I use middle mouse in a
  > window to paste from the X cut buffer, the window gets raised.  I'd like it
  > to stay in its current position.  I couldn't find a setting for this.  Is it
  > possible, and if not, how hard would it be to implement?

  You currently have a binding in the "client" context, for "Middle"
  mouse button that raises the window.  Edit your rc.xml and take that
  out.

Perfect, thanks!  I was looking for a setting and missed the bindings.

I have to say this is the best window manager ever.  I've been using
twm/tvtwm since about forever just because I never found anything I liked
better.  Everything was either too bloated or couldn't do what I wanted.

I'm not crazy about the xml config, which makes it hard to find things like
the client mouse bindings unless you know what you're looking for.  But I
can live with that.  And it does make it easier to build config tools.