[openbox] sloppy focus "stealing"

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sat May 21 15:26:06 EDT 2011

On Sat, 21 May 2011 21:12:27 +0200
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu at gmail.com> wrote:

Ian>  2. (This is not relevant for tabbing, but it is for keyboard
Ian> driven moving and resizing) Sane way to interact through the
Ian> keyboard only.  Right now, when I move a window with the keyboard,
Ian> a different window can get focussed, which means I cannot move (or
Ian> do anything else to) the first window again.

Mikael> This doesn't happen by default in Openbox, only if you enable
Mikael> the crazy strict mouse policy. Otherwise the focus will not move
            ^^^^^
Mikael> due to keyboard-activated window
Mikael> moving/raising/lowering/whatevering.

If you feel this way about it, maybe you shouldn't provide the option at
all.  Otherwise you'll always have people like me complaining because
you're not willing to accept patches to actually make it work.

--
Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org>
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD