[openbox] [Patch] Least overlap placement

David Vogt dv at adfinis.ch
Wed Jun 1 19:16:43 EDT 2011

On 06/02/2011 12:36 AM, David Vogt wrote:
> On 06/01/2011 09:42 AM, David Vogt wrote:
>> On 31/05/11 17:54, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Here is an improved version that handles multi-head. I think! I have
>>> just 1 monitor myself, so I can't really test that part. Someone help
>>> me with that please :)
>>
>> I'd love to test it, but unfortunately it doesn't apply to git master,
>> which I'm running.
>>
>> I'll attempt to port it to master in the next few days.
>
> .. which I did now (see the attached patch). However, while it does
> compile, it segfaults on the first try to actually place a window. The
> second attachment is a gdb log with backtrace. I'll investigate further,
> but if anyone has input, i'd be happy as well! My C days are long ago :/

This is what happens if you don't go to bed as planned. Here's a patch
that seems to work. I had to change a few things in
place_least_overlap() regarding Rect **heads. I'm really not sure that
this doesn't leak. Also I'm wondering why it's **heads instead of *heads
if there's only one item in it?

Dave

--
David Vogt, Project Manager & Software Developer
adfinis GmbH, Brückfeldstrasse 21, 3012 Bern (Switzerland)