[openbox] xset from hot key

Anthony Thyssen A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Sat Jan 1 21:57:12 EST 2011

On Sat, 1 Jan 2011 13:12:32 +0000
Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida at gmail.com> wrote:
| On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Mark Bloch <mark.bl at gmail.com> wrote:
| > Hi,
| >
| > I must be honest , I don't use the keybind functionality of openbox with non
| > standard buttons ( like XF86AudioRaiseVolume,ChnageTouchPadStatus and
| > XF86AudioMute).
| >
| > I use xbindkey for that stuff.
| > You might want to try it, first of all you need to find the keycode of you
| > button,
| > for that use : xev
| > then create a file named .xbindkeysrc in your ~ dir, and add those lines:
| >
| > "xset dpms force off"
| >   m:0x0 + c:110
| >
| > * change 110 with the keycode you got from xev .
| > then start xbindkeys and see if it works.
| >

| I tried it and it shows the same problem as  before (with rc.conf
| without the sh -c stuff). I used the code 236, which is associated in
| my keyboard with the "E-mail" key.
| Still, I would prefer using rc.conf, rather than launching a third party daemon.
|
| Anyway, I think openbox is the best wm around, in spite one or two
| minor glitches...

It may be caused by the control key.

You press it than another key.  The action is performed
then you release the control and the display sees a change and turns off

You would not get this with a non-shifted key.

One solution may be put in a slight delay in the command execution.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au>