[openbox] xset from hot key

Mark Bloch mark.bl at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 05:51:29 EST 2011

Hi,

I must be honest , I don't use the keybind functionality of openbox with non
standard buttons ( like XF86AudioRaiseVolume,ChnageTouchPadStatus and
XF86AudioMute).

I use xbindkey for that stuff.
You might want to try it, first of all you need to find the keycode of you
button,
for that use : xev
then create a file named .xbindkeysrc in your ~ dir, and add those lines:

"xset dpms force off"
  m:0x0 + c:110

* change 110 with the keycode you got from xev .
then start xbindkeys and see if it works.

Mark.