[openbox] Error compiling openbox from git repository

Robin Robin robin5wood at gmx.com
Mon Feb 28 09:50:59 EST 2011

Hi,

 I would like to try the latest version of openbox.
 I succeed bootstrap and configure but make fails with the following error :

 /usr/bin/ld: openbox/openbox_openbox-client.o: undefined reference to symbol 'XSyncIntToValue'
 /usr/bin/ld: note: 'XSyncIntToValue' is defined in DSO /usr/lib64/libXext.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
 /usr/lib64/libXext.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

 I have a debian testing amd64
 and libXext dev is installed and /usr/lib64/libXext.so.6 exists and is readable.

 I tried ./configure with and without --libdir=/usr/lib64 option.
 Do you know this problem?