[openbox] GrowToEdge* / MoveToEdge* hidden grid

Andreas Fink andreas.fink85 at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:52:12 EST 2011

Hello,

sometimes I would like to align windows in a specific grid, i.e. I would like to define a grid and use the GrowToEdge* / MoveToEdge* keybindings. But the edges are not the window edges, but rather some predefined fixed grid. For example a vertically split grid with 3 cells.
Maybe an option, where I can define a named grid, and than an option for the GrowToEdge* keybindings to use a predefined named grid instead of the window boundaries.

Is this an option you consider useful, or am I the only who could use such a feature?
I could start coding on that, if you tell me, that it is good to have this.

Regards
Andreas