[openbox] Move window frame only

Bruce Hohl brucehohl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 21:10:05 EDT 2010

Hello List, I am using OpenBox (LXDE) from a low bandwidth VNC
session. Moving windows around the desktop with contents is slow and
choppy. Is there a way to set OpenBox such that only the window frame
moves and the contents are refreshed at the end of the move?  I do
have obconf installed. It has a tab called "Move and Resize" which has
a check box for "Update the window contents when resizing". This does
not apply to moving a window which is slow and choppy with a VNC
connection (even with the VNC client set to 256 colors and low
bandwidth connection). The computers are good but the connection is
slow.  Thanks for any comments on this.