[openbox] GNOME clock window disappears off screen

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Oct 12 12:43:28 EDT 2010

Around about 08/10/10 07:59, Neil Bird typed ...
> I'm going to see if I can figure out what metacity's doing in this instance,
> and then see what OB is doing differently. When I've found out what I can,
> I'll file a bug.

   Bit odd;  I'm rummaging through the metacity code, and I can find, in a
routine called 'constrain_fully_onscreen', a hint that if the window is of
this DOCK type, then it'll always constrain it such (and by on-screen, I
guess it means in the excluding-panels usable space).

   But I can't see anywhere where that routine gets called (e.g., during
resize).  It must have some sort of callback hooks or something for the
constraint routines.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature