[openbox] GNOME clock window disappears off screen

Dana Jansens dana at orodu.net
Tue Oct 5 11:53:58 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 4:05 AM, Neil Bird <neil at fnxweb.com> wrote:
> Around about 05/10/10 00:40, Anthony Thyssen typed ...
>>
>> The question is making something fix this automatically when it is
>> wrong (such as on window resize or mapping).
>
>  Yes, that is the question.  I shall have to have a rummage in the WM specs
> to see what they say about 'DOCK' type windows.

Dock type windows request their own positions.  For example, the panel
may move off the bottom of the screen to hide itself.  Forcing it to
another position would break this behaviour.  I'd certainly like to
fix this if possible, without breaking other apps.. If you can make a
bug report and include any information you find about DOCK windows,
and about this one in particular, that would be helpful.

- Dana