[openbox] GNOME clock window disappears off screen

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon Oct 4 05:58:13 EDT 2010

Around about 03/10/10 01:06, Anthony Thyssen typed ...
> I have noticed this too, and also assumed it was a GNOME-Clock bug.
> However once you have the pannel the way you want, next login it will
> be placed correctly.

   That *was* the case, but I just set up evolution to be able to see my
google calendar.  I don't *use* evolution, but with that set up, the gnome
clock picks up calendar entries and displays them in the calendar popup.

   Unfortunately, it (necessarily) does the calendar lookup asynchronously,
so I get the calendar up in the right place (attached to the panel), then a
couple of seconds later (slow Net access) days with entries are emboldened
and a new section of the calendar is added called "appointments".

   This latter makes the window bigger and so it covers the applet/panel as
described.  Every time.

   I did find an inelegant work around, in that if I have any days in the
calendar with no entries near the start of the month, I can select them and
the appointments field goes away (as it's day-oriented).  That puts the
window back to the size it was when it opened, and I can close it.

   But I won't be able to see more than a few appointments, and it's a bit
of a faff.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature