[openbox] --reconfigure crash

Alexey Korop akorop at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 07:10:55 EDT 2010

Hi, All

    I was download current Dana's "master" snapshot
(http://git.icculus.org/?p=dana/openbox.git;a=commit;h=27ae9d65c838478f1c7e07ec52a6848600865bf1)
and build openbox. This version works nice, but after commands
--reconfure or --restart openbox crash.
    I was start xterm-session and call openbox manually. At the start
openbox was write message
         Obt-Message: Failed to open an Input Method

    After entering "openbox --reconfigure" in the command prompt openbox
was crash and gdb display stack following:
#0  0xb7e0c717 in XDestroyIC () from /usr/lib/libX11.so.6
#1  0xb7c5f928 in obt_keyboard_context_unref (ic=0x8183780)
     at obt/keyboard.c:442
#2  0x08077ee3 in grab_shutdown (reconfig=1) at openbox/grab.c:177

      I was build the last released version (3.4.11.2) in the same
environment - it works without obt-message and process --reconfigere
correctly.

      Finally, I was comment lines 442 and 443 in the git-version and
rebuild openbox. After this dirty hack openbox works well.

      This is an old problem of the obt-version.

Yours truly Alexey