[openbox] dead keys

Dana Jansens dana at orodu.net
Wed Jun 16 13:21:03 EDT 2010

On 10-06-16 10:59 AM, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Dana Jansens<dana at orodu.net>  wrote:
>   are wrong (hyfen, double quotes...)
>
>>> I have en_US.utf8 set as locale, and the font is LiberationMono, in
>>> case this matters.
>>>
>> Where do you set the locale?
>>
> In ~/.bashrc. I checked the output of "locale" in the "bad xterm" and
> it is correct.

Of course the locale is correct in the shell in the bad xterm.  But the
locale Openbox sees, and the terminal itself, will be different if you
don't set the locale in your autostart.sh.

Set the locale (and any other applicable environment stuff) from your
autostart.sh instead, so Openbox and other apps will be in the same locale.

Dana