[openbox] dead keys

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 03:28:56 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 1:26 AM, Anthony Thyssen
<A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au> wrote:

> I found that Gnome likes to 'play' with keyboard modmaps.
>
> I've had to wait a minute or so after the gnome stuff starts
> before I can modify the key mappings and expect them to remain
> in place.
>
> The same thing happens with X resource settings!
>
> Its a bloody pain - pardon my Australian!

Not applicable here, the problem persists more than 24h after the
session started. It's not an xmodmap thing, it's either an openbox
problem or a unicode/font/etc problem. I was unable to google my way
around unicode lore, and openbox is the only DE I currently have,
being fed up with KDE (KDE4 was the last straw).

Jorge