[openbox] dead keys

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 03:37:51 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 3:24 AM,  <meino.cramer at gmx.de> wrote:

> I think, you are calling xmodmap too late. Move the according
> commandline from the autostart script into you personal
> $HOME/.xinitrc file and restart X (logout X->login X)

Thanks, I tried it. My .xinitrc is not getting sourced, by some
reason. But that cannot be the problem: I was not talking about a
xterm launched by the initialization script, so xmodmap has plenty of
time to do its stuff (and I checked that it does).

The problem is: an xterm launched by shortcut/menu is bad (no matter
how late in the session it is launched), an xterm launched from an
existing terminal emulator is good.
The bad ones have other problems besides dead keys: some characters in
man pages are wrong (hyfen, double quotes...)

I have en_US.utf8 set as locale, and the font is LiberationMono, in
case this matters.

Best regards,

Jorge