[openbox] Strange issue, x11 apps started by openbox, output problem.

Piotr Karbowski jabberuser at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 04:52:21 EST 2010

Hi List.

A few day ago I found strange problem with openbox. When I starting
openbox and I run any x11 app, for example PSI (by openbox menu or key
shortcut to run gmrun and then psi), it should send output like
warnings/errors to /dev/tty1, but it didnt send it so... PSI abuse
100% CPU, any other app what have 'output-to-console' have this issue
but when I start urxvt and do for example psi&! it showing output in
urxvt console, I can close urxvt and it still work, without abuse CPU.

My .xinitrc:
### cut here
$(cat ${HOME}/.fehbg)
xmodmap ~/.xmodmap &
sleep 2 && ~/.conky/start.zsh&
xset m 1 1 &
xset s off &
xset -dpms &
xset r rate 250 30 &
tint2&
liferea --mainwindow-state=hidden&
xhost +si:localuser:root&
openbox
### cut here

Last message on tty1 is output from tint2, when openbox is started
console is ... quiet. For debug I started fluxbox with very smillar
config to openbox, and It work as it should, output to console,
anything work ok.

I don't realy know where I can search problem. IIRC Gnome have
`/.sessions-errors with all X outputs. Maybe somehow I can set
startx/openbox to print all x11 outputs, errors etc to text file? This
would be great.