[openbox] Mouse enabled web browser and text editor?

Freddie freddie_signup at gmx.co.uk
Thu Feb 4 10:50:30 EST 2010

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Jeff Sherk Forerunner Ministries wrote:

> Although I like the Linux shell for a lot of the things, two items
> that I miss are mouse enabled Web Browser and mouse enabled Text
> Editor.
>
> I have tried Gnome, KDE and Xfce and all of them are just too sloow!
>
> Will Openbox give me these two features?

Openbox will enable those two features, although you'll have to install a
(mouse enabled) web browser (eg firefox) and text editor (eg gedit/nano)
as openbox doesn't come with any programs, it's just a program to control
windows/menus.

I certainly find openbox quick enough.

Freddie

P.S. see http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/xwtf.html for more reading on
window managers (like openbox) and desktop environments (like GNOME/KDE
etc).