[openbox] Restricting child window to the desktop of its parent window

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Mon Sep 21 13:54:34 EDT 2009

Hi,

When rendering with blender I let blender doing its
work while doing ofther things on other desktops.

As soon as blender ended its job the render-window (child)
AND blender (parent) jump to the current desktop regardless
what it is.

Very annoying and always converting the sense of multiple
desktops to its opposite.

I read the part in rc.xml about manipulating windows
in the <application> ... </application> part.

I found a way to restrict a certain applications window
to a certain desktop: For example Blenders parent and
child window should only appear on desktop 2.

But this is also in contardiction to the flexibility
a multiple desktop has to offer to its users I think.

So...

How can I restrict child windows to the desktop their
parent were started in/with openbox?

Kind regards,
mcc