[openbox] ObFilebrowser

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Fri Sep 18 03:40:13 EDT 2009

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know about ObFilebrowser:
http://xyne.archlinux.ca/info/obfilebrowser

It's a pipe-menu file browser that uses mimetypes to present a launcher menu. If you have xsel installed, it also lets you copy the file path and mime-type to the clipboard. The screenshot on the info page should give you a good idea of what it does.

Anyone who's interested in that might also want to take a look at Mimeman:
http://xyne.archlinux.ca/info/mimeman

Mimeman is a CLI app to configure mime-type associations. It supports using regular expressions to set up associations (e.g. all "text/x-*" files), including defaults. It can also clean up the applications directory (~/.local/share/applications, the same that pcmanfm uses) to remove redundant desktop files and unused associations.

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions or have any problems.

Regards,
Xyne