[openbox] which linux works the best with pure openbox

Roelof Wobben rwobben at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 6 08:51:03 EDT 2009

Hello,

Im working now with a slackware box.

But when i want to use tint2 or nitrogen on a AMD-64 machine the packages doesn't exist.

To make the packages you need a good understanding of slackware.

And with questions almost nobody can help you because most of them uses kde or xfce.

I tried Archlinux but when i want to install tint there are so many depecencies i can better work on a gnome box.

Ubuntu the same.

I tried Debian but most of the packages only exist on a unstable version.

Also I tried LFS but that's to difficult for me. I can't make it work.

Have someone a good tip for me of a linux version where people can help me with openbox problems and have all the packages.

(Openbox, nitrogen, tint2)

Regards,

Roelof