Using screen size in key bindings

openbox at jelmail.com openbox at jelmail.com
Wed Mar 11 07:09:02 EDT 2009

Hello,
I've just signed up to Openbox and like it so far. I have written some key
bindings to relocate windows in a similar fashion to the windows programs
"SplitView" and "Winsplit Revolution".

For example I press W+Home and the active window is moved and resized so it
occupies the top left quadrant of the screen.

I have done this by hard coding the window size based on the dimensions of
my screen. I have a 1920x1200 display so my key binding resizes the window
to a width of 960 and a height of 600.

Now, what I would like to do is somehow tell openbox to use screenwidth/2
and screenheight/2 so moving to a different screen or resolution would not
require the keybindings to be changed.

I can't see anything in the documentation to indicate that this is
supported. If it is then great, but if not would it be the kind of thing
that might be considered as an enhancement request ?

Thanks,
John