[openbox] Using keybind and action to translate/simulate one keystroke into another keystroke?

mpb mpb.mail at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 19:09:36 EST 2009

Hi,

There appear to be 5 mikabox branches.

  origin/mikabox/actions
  origin/mikabox/crap
  origin/mikabox/maybe
  origin/mikabox/personal
  origin/mikabox/unsorted

I copied sendkeyevent.c from the mikabox/actions branch to
openbox-3.4.7.2 source tree as extracted from a tarball.  I added a
call to action_sendkeyevent_startup() to actions/all.c.

I need to figure out how to add sendkeyevent.c to the appropriate
Makefile and ./configure scripts.  Does Openbox use automake/autoconf?
 I really have no understanding of how automake/autoconf work, or how
I should go about inserting sendkeyevent.c into the build framework.

It does look like all the other functions in sendkeyevent.c are
static, so it looks like my general approach may be possible.

Does this approach make sense?  Can you provide any guidance on how to
update/regenerate Makefile and friends?

Thanks!

-mpb