[openbox] <application class="*whatever*">, no way

Jesús Guerrero i92guboj at terra.es
Fri Jan 23 17:25:31 EST 2009

On Fri, January 23, 2009 23:16, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
>

>>> Is your code also preceeded by a <!-- ?
>>
>> Yes. I knew it was something silly. Now I have some other problems with
>> that code,
>> but I'll play around a bit and try to figure these out myself.
>>
>> Thanks and sorry for spamming the list with such a question.
>
> That original section is meant to be commented, the lines beginning with #
> aren't valid xml, be sure that part is still commented out. I did see a #
> in the code you pasted too.

Yes. The problem is that I inserted my code just before the last lines of the
original commented section in that file. But I didn't see the comment mark
(nor the remark above, obviusly).

It all working fine, except that I am using xinerama and the monitor stuff
do not seem to do anything at all. But I have yet to investigate how openbox
threat this.

    <position>
      <monitor>1</monitor>
    </position>

I was previously using xmonad for months, and happy with it. But it was a
pain
to maintain. Each time I needed to add a new clause to the config file I
found
myself crossing my fingers and hoping that the new config would compile,
which
most times wasn't the case.

For me the wm is a tool, and not something that you should be fixing every
single
day so it can continue to work. I know that I am probably not going to
find exactly
the same superb xinerama support that xmonad has in any conventional (as in
non-tiling) wm, but openoffice is the only one I found that has at least
*some*
support for xinerama monitors as separate devices.

If I can convince my apps to appear in a given monitor depending on their
class
then I would be happy, mostly.

But enough diatribe for now. Thanks for all the assistance.

--
Jesús Guerrero