[openbox] Openbox crashing with 24 bit video

Jonas J Linde jonas at init.se
Thu Jan 22 16:25:31 EST 2009

And Mikael Magnusson spoke unto the world. And said:
> I have never heard of anyone using a 24bit visual before, you would have
> to implement support for it yourself if you want to use it, most likely.
> If you do, feel free to send a patch of course.

Whut? I've been using 24 bit depth for years and it works perfectly
with openbox and any other WM I've run. Here's what xwininfo has to
say about it:

  Width: 1280
  Height: 1024
  Depth: 24
  Visual Class: TrueColor

There must be something else going on; could perhaps be hardware
dependent...
--
Jonas Linde <jonas at init.se>  http://www.init.se/~jonas/ +46-707-492496