x11 events while moving window / layering

Daniel Schwager Daniel.Schwager at dtnet.de
Thu Jan 15 03:39:44 EST 2009

Hi,

two questions about openbox:

** First, i would like to get some X11 windows events while
moving a x11 application.

E.g. starting xev (Event tester) and drag/move it over the display
will not inform me about this "movement". I I will do the same with
another WM like kwin (KDE), I get a lot of information about the movement
on stdout (xev told me about).

Is there a way to configure openbox to inform me also about window
movement ?

** Second: Is there a possibility to configure a special x11-application to
layer always on the top ?

regards
Danny

DT Netsolution GmbH   -   Taläckerstr. 30    -    D-70437 Stuttgart
Geschäftsführer: Daniel Schwager, Stefan Hörz - HRB Stuttgart 19870
Tel: +49-711-849910-32, Fax: -932 - Mailto:daniel.schwager at dtnet.de