[openbox] Self focus moves window to current desktop.

Mikael Magnusson lists at bak.och.fr.am
Thu Feb 19 20:48:23 EST 2009

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Andrew Taylor wrote:

> Heyas.
>
> OB is nearly perfect, imo, but one thorn compared to metacity is
> handling of self focussing windows.  I'm running into this when
> developing with eclipse.  I set a breakpoint within eclipse and move to
> another desktop to use firefox to browse the webapp in development.
> When the breakpoint is hit, eclipse gains focus and is moved to the
> current desktop.  This is a PITA, because I end up with too many windows
> on the one desktop.  When the same occurs in metacity, the desktop
> containing the window to be focussed is selected and then the window is
> focussed.  The window stays on the desktop it was originally, and not
> moved to the current desktop.  Is there a way to configure this
> behaviour in OB?

Hi,

In 3.4.8, windows that focus themselves when they are on another desktop
will be ignored (they will get the 'demands attention' flag set though
which should make them blue in the taskbar or something like that). If
they specify the user focused them (only pagers and taskbars should do
this really (also note that when i say "themselves" i mean any window,
openbox doesn't know if two windows are mapped by the same physical
process)), they will be brought to the current desktop still. Openbox will
never change the current desktop if you did not request it.

--
Mikael Magnusson